Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

NO HABLA

I have a bit of an issue today. Well, I have a bit of an issue with various things everyday, but today it is with my cell phone company. I won't drag the name through the dirt but I will go into sarcastic detail about my problem.

Our cell phone bill was due yesterday and I always hit #666 from my phone to pay it automatically....you know I am exaggerating when I say 666, but I feel like I am paying Satan once a month. So yesterday I dial and have to go through the automated song and dance. Not paying attention I pressed two instead of one when when the language option came up. I PRESSED TWO! You know what that means don't you? My call was sent through towers across the land to a little shack in Mexico where someone says "hola".

How was I to get back to that place where I could hear English again without hanging up and starting over. "No habla Espanol", I said. "Ingles por favor".

This is what I hear:
"lalalablablaholacafemehicoporfavortelefonoayeayeayeayeaye."

Now I mean no disrespect to the Spanish speaking population out there. I love my Hispanics...I just don't speak the language, and quite frankly, I don't think I should have to press one for English when I am in America. Why don't you have to press one for Spanish? English should be the assumed language unless otherwise specified by pressing one. I bet they don't have to press one for German in Germany!




FYI - I had to hang up and start over.

No comments: