Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

ONE FOR GOOD MEASURE



I love a good "weird" and Hemmingway's six-toed cats never cease to have me on the ground pawing at these polydactyl wonders.

Ernest Hemingway was given a six-toed cat by a ship's captain and some of the cats who live on the museum grounds are descendants of that original cat. Key West is a small island and it is possible that many of the cats on the island are related. Our cats are not a particular breed, but appear to be a combination of various breeds-sort of "Heinz 57" if you will. They are all shapes, sizes, colors and personalities.

More information about these cats and Ernest Hemmingway can be found here.

FYI - I really felt my age yesterday. I was in the gift shop inquiring about the waiting list for adoption of one of these cats. The woman informed me that they haven't done that in 20 years.

"Twenty years", I exclaimed.

"Yes dear", she said.

"God your old", says the husband.

It seems like just yesterday I was running around that house with my parents begging for a spot on the waiting list.


Quote taken from hemmingwayhome.com

No comments: