Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Friday, August 15, 2008

ONE OF "THOSE"

When I first found out I was pregnant I had extremely mixed feelings (Marie can confirm that). I wondered for nine long months how I could possibly make a decent mother seeing as how my entire life had been devoted to me, myself and I.

I had always met or seen mothers who just constantly brag about their children. How smart he/she is. How at 3 months they had recited the Declaration of Independence. How at one year they had saved a whole third world country from starvation. You know what I'm talking about.

I made up my mind early on (before I had her) that I would not be like that. Who in the world wants to hear every poopy diaper and every cute noise she would make?

FAST FORWARD

My daughter is a little over 13 months now (something else I said I wouldn't do. Tell her age in months) and I have become those women I never said I would. In my defense though, she is the most beautiful being ever to walk the earth and for her age, she is extremely advanced.

I am a stay at home mom so I see everything. Every new sound, every new face, every new discovery. EVERYTHING!

I find myself yearning for a few hours away and as soon as I get that I am telling anyone with a pulse all the cute, funny and new things that she is doing. I went to two functions the last two nights and I rode with people both times and I think by the end of both trips everyone had Reagan's (my daughter) poop, sleep and play schedule down. The only thing I didn't have to show off is a nanny cam that had a direct feed into my cell phone so I could show them her every move.

I guess it is inevitable that this sort of thing happens when you give birth to a future doctor, lawyer or President of the U.S.?

All I can say is that I love talking about Reagan. Who knew I had it in me to be the sort of person that could love something more than life itself?

And just because I'm feeling generous today:



That picture was taken courtesy of a photographer who gave us a shoot for free because Reagan is so G-damn cute!

(How could I not be a psycho about her when people encourage it?)

No comments: