Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Sunday, December 14, 2008

JOSEPH BETH IS MY NEW BF

Dear Borders and Barnes and Noble,


As much as I hate writing this letter, it needs to be done.


I'm breaking up with you.
I've found a new love and his name is Joseph Beth.... Booksellers.


My new bookstore is more spacious, more warm and more cozy than both of you put together. Plus, he reminds me a lot of FAO Schwartz in New York City, except with several thousand books and not toys.


Joseph has not one, but TWO floors of wonderfulness. Granted, his poetry section isn't as vast as yours, but he boasts the incomparable Caribou Coffee. For the first time in 6 months, I was able to order a piping hot, small Turtle Mocha... a.k.a. the stuff dreams are made of.


Maybe it's because I'm a writer, maybe it's because I'm a reader, maybe it's just because I'm over-caffeinated about 90% of the time... either way, I've never wanted to hug multiple bookshelves quite so much in my life.


We had a great relationship, Borders and Barnes and Noble. And I'll never forget you. Perhaps someday, I'll swing by for a visit.


But until then, I must let you know that I've moved on to greener pastures... and I don't intend to look back.


I hope you understand, and sincerely wish you all the best in the future.


Love,
Marie


P.S. If you're curious, you can see my new bookstore online at www.josephbeth.com.

No comments: