Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Saturday, January 3, 2009

MEXICAN HOT "CHOCOLAT"

Have you ever seen the movie Chocolat with Johnny Depp and Carrie Anne Moss? I'm watching it now. (And be forewarned, if you don't have any chocolate in the house to eat while watching this movie, you'll lose your damn mind).

In once scene, there's a type of hot chocolate mentioned that kind of took me by surprise - something about chili pepper as an ingredient! I was like, "Ew - that sounds gross!" Well, I did a search for this on Google, and apparently, Mexican Hot Chocolate is quite popular.

I found a recipe, tried it myself this morning and I must say the chili added a special kick that kinda made me want to funnel this toasty drink down my throat. (Ha ha - classy, I know)

So, go to your nearest video store, rent Chocolat and whip up some of this.  I promise you won't be disappointed:


EASY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE

INGREDIENTS 
3 tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch chili powder
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup boiling water


In a large mug, mix the hot chocolate mix, chocolate syrup, cinnamon, and chili powder. Pour in the milk. Add the boiling water and stir.

No comments: