Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Sunday, September 14, 2008

OH BOY....

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah.

You just keep pushing me further and further away.

As a woman, I am proud to see how far we've come. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that Hillary Clinton almost became our Nation's first woman President. Now, Sarah Palin could become this country's first female V.P.

Here comes the big BUT!

Man, woman, dog or monkey, I just can't agree with her on some things and it seems she is digging a moose sized hole every time she opens her yapper. Her interview with Charlie Gibson was nothing if entertaining. She fumbles and stutter steps around foreign policy issues and when it came to the topic of National Security, she tried to compare her experience overseeing the Alaskan National Guard as a qualifier for overseas military experience. She tried justifying her work on energy issues by comparing that to National Security. I use cloth bags when I go to the grocery store, does that make me a candidate for Government? I turn off lights when I leave the room to conserve energy. Should I sit in the oval office? Seriously.

When asked if she had ever been out of the country, I think her response was Mexico and some other vacation destination.


An AP article reports this:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) ? Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

You'll be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality," according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed since she was a child.

Palin's conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain's candidacy before he named her as his vice presidential choice. She is staunchly anti-abortion, opposing exceptions for rape and incest, and opposes gay marriage and spousal rights for gay couples.


YIKES!

I think I'll go fire off my high powered rifle, pose for Vogue and sip on some nice hot moose soup and think about this for awhile.

pshh.....

No comments: