Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PAINFUL


My husband is the kind of person who believes that women shouldn't have to work.

That in itself says a lot but I will continue on with the story I am about to tell.

I have been thinking about going back to work for a few weeks now. Nothing stressful or demanding. I would be photographing people swimming with dolphins. Sounds great doesn't it? Well, it sounded great to everyone except the husband but yesterday we had a breakthrough. My old boss approached me again (she has been asking for a while) about coming back. It would be four days a week, which would mean we would put Reagan into school. Not that I "have" to work and not that I am ready to give her up. I think it just may be time. She loves being around other kids and is constantly getting bored at home doing the same things over and over. I just don't know if I am mentally prepared for this sort of thing.

Anyway...after talking last night, my mother and father in law were witness to this, he walks out of the living room, into the dining room and said three words that every wife wants to hear. "I support you." WHAT? Did I just hear Ward Cleaver utter those words. Mind you, it sounded like he was passing a kidney stone when he said it because it was so unusual and painful, but by God he said it!

I guess now that I have the unexpected support of my husband, I can figure out what I want to do and just do it....crazy huh?

1 comment:

Marie said...

AMAAAAZZZZINGGG! :-) SOUNDS LIKE BENJAMIMA PUT ON HIS BIG-GIRL PANTIES!