Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Saturday, August 2, 2008

HEALTHY OBSESSION

Hi, my name's Aislyn and I am a Laueraholic.

I have this odd, platonic fascination with Matt Lauer. I've always been a huge fan of the Today Show. When Katie Couric left in 2006 I found it hard to imagine the show ever being the same. I was always drawn to Katie and her spunky attitude and ability to deliver the news and after she left I refused to switch networks. I love NBC!

I guess in some way I was forced to pay a little more attention to Matt and something happened. I feel in love. Not a love that has me booking flights every month to go stalk the plaza at 30 Rock, not a love that has me googling his personal information, not a love that wishes harm to his wife and not a love that has a rabbit boiling on the stove.

I just love him. Like you love your Uncle. Purely innocent. He has a sense of humor that is so dry at times and at other times he bursts out in laughter. He is objective yet harsh on interviews when he needs to be. My personal favorite is the Tom Cruise interview. Stellar!

Why am I telling you this? Who the hell knows. It's early and my daughter is still asleep and without Elmo on the brain, my mind goes to funny places.

I recently read that Lauer plans on staying with the Today Show until 2011. When the day comes that I can no longer turn on the TV at 7 a.m. and see his smiling face. Well, that will be a sad day indeed.

I know I'm a little "off", no need to tell this Laueraholic.
Remember, admitting you have a problem is the first step.



How could you not love him?

No comments: