Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Monday, August 11, 2008

KNOCK KNOCK

A little known fact about me is that I absolutely love animals. I've had pets that range from horses to skunks. I'm all for animal rights. I probably am more for animal rights than human rights in some cases.

That being said, yesterday I was sitting on the couch and I heard a scratching at the door. I thought it was the dog at first but realized she was sitting across the room. Perhaps it was a cat I thought, so I went to the door and peeked out the curtain and saw a tail. Looking a little closer, I saw a five-foot long Iguana trying to get in the house.

This thing looked like it was straight out of a movie. Beaten up, scratched up, obviously had been alive since the dinosaurs. I shrieked and startled the dog who came over and started barking hysterically. Mind you, the dog is a six pound Chihuahua who would have been lunch for the prehistoric reptile.

I love animals, but not enough to house this one. After realizing his obvious error in judgement, he ran off and up a tree. I grabbed the camera and here is a picture to share with you all:



This picture really doesn't do justice in capturing the size of this creature but it was BIG!

Amazingly enough this isn't the strangest thing that's happened to me living here. Just another day in the life of Aislyn on her three hour tour that's lasted over four years on this island.

No comments: