Meet Aislyn and Marie. Two best friends offering real-life, humorous takes on everything from America to Zoloft, all while raising questions and raising babies. Sink your teeth into these mouthwatering morsels of insight, of wisdom and of life experience, uncensored.

About Us

Saturday, August 30, 2008

BLOWING THIS HURRICANE STAND

I've officially had enough of this Mother Nature chick. So...I am getting the heck out of the Keys for a week. My trip home, which was originally suppose to begin this coming Thursday was moved up (by me) to a Tuesday departure.

I need to be where I can see land at all times. Mountains, twists and turns in the road. A CITY for good God's sake. Civilization, where people say "yinz" and bleed black and gold. Yes...that is where I need to be. If you have no idea where I'm talking about, it's Pittsburgh, PA.

Marie and I will be reunited and perhaps we shall blog together. Like, a sitting next to each other blog. Oh what a lucky day that will be for you all! You have no clue what it's like when we reunite. I'm not ashamed to say I've pissed my pants a little from the laughter that takes place.

It is also our ten-year high school reunion next weekend. I have no comment at this time. We'll see how it goes and then I will give a full report upon my return to Hurricane Island.

So...here's to you Gustav and Hanna. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get a few more days in the hometown.

Seriously...thanks. I was praying for a good excuse to spend a few more days there and here we are. No better excuse than threat of a natural disaster.

No comments: